- In a hot pan, add olive oil and sauté onion and garlic. Then add tomatoes and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add sugar, bay leaves, tuna, parsley, raisins, olives, oregano, and salt.
- Prepare the masa by mixing the MASECA® Antojitos flour with the water until obtaining an homogenous dough. Divide the masa in 18 masa balls. Place each masa ball in a tortilla press between two sheets of plastic and press to form a very thin tortilla.
- Fill each one of the thin tortillas with two tablespoons of tuna. Fold the tortilla and press around the edges to close and form the empanada.
- In a pan, heat some oil and fry all the empanadas until golden brown. Place them on a paper napkin to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite salsa.
Tips: You can use fresh fish instead of canned tuna.