- Mix MASECA® Antojitos corn masa flour with water. Using your hands, knead for 2 minutes until you form a soft and uniform dough.
- Divide masa in 12 portions and form masa balls. With your hands, flatten the masa balls to form little patties in the shape of “tlacoyos” (oval shape). Cook in a hot griddle at medium heat until completely cooked from both sides.
- Dissolve annatto paste with Orange and lime juice and salt. Pour over the meat and marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- In a pot, place the banana leaf, then add the meat and the pork lard. Close the pot and cook at medium heat for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Shred meat and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Place shredded pork on top of the tlacoyos and salsa.
Tip: Garnish with sour cream and aged cheese.